In this review, we are looking at the Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Mattress, which is designed to promote restful slumber.
A baby can sleep for up to nineteen hours a day, so it’s important that along with being safe and comfy, their mattress is firm. Not rock hard, but firm enough to be supportive and, just as importantly, reduce the risk of SIDS. With too soft a mattress, the baby could roll over and end up face down and not be able to turn back over. Sadly, this can result in suffocation.
As is the case with all Sealy baby mattresses, this one is free of toxic chemicals that can create toxic off-gassings. Made in the USA, it is GREENGUARD GOLD Certified, and its components have been air quality tested for every known harmful chemical. Phthalate compliant, it passes federal flammability standards and it does not contain harmful fire retardants.
The mattress passes ASTM crib mattress safety standards, so you can relax knowing it will be the perfect fit for a standard-sized crib, eliminating the possibility of your baby becoming wedged between the side of the crib and the mattress. All of the materials used in its creation are hypoallergenic.
Keep reading to find out more about the mattress, including its specs, a general overview, its pros, and its cons. We will also look at buyer feedback, so you will know what to expect.
Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Mattress Specs
Dimensions – The Sealy Firm Crib Mattress measures 51.63”(L) x 27.25” (W) x 5.5” (H).
Weight – This mattress weighs 13lbs.
Recommended use – This model is suitable for baby’s weighing at least 5 pounds, through to children weighing 99 pounds or less.
Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Mattress Overview
While parents appreciate how safe the Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Mattress is, baby’s love that its comfortable. Soft against a baby’s tender skin, there’s an airflow pocket located at the lower end that enables air to circulate, keeping the mattress cooler.
The mattress is exceptionally durable, so you should be able to store it to use for future children. Its durability is in part due to a 204 coil count. The coils form an interlocking pattern that enhances the mattress’ comfort and enables it to hold its shape. The coils have been heat-tempered to increase their strength and provide extra support and durability.
Steel anti-sag bars distribute the child’s weight evenly, and rods around the border keep the edges and corners firm.
The Sealy Baby Firm Rest Mattress comes with a waterproof antistatic STAPH-GARD laminate cover that provides anti-bacterial protection. Moisture, mildew and stain-resistant, the cover helps to stop bad odors from developing. To clean it, simply wipe it over with a damp cloth.
Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Toddler Mattress Video Overview
Sealy Baby Firm Crib Mattress Features
- The Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Toddler Mattress can be used with most standard crib and toddler bed frames
- Support bars built into mattress help to evenly distribute the infant’s weight
- A steel border wire around its edges keep the sides and corners from curling up so that your little one doesn’t end up with a limb or their head wedged between the mattress and the crib’s side
- Constructed with 204 coils, these provide excellent support and enhanced durability
- This model features one firm and one cushioned non-allergenic layer, for the ultimate support and durability
- Its STAPH-GARD laminate cover has antibacterial and anti-static properties
- The Sealy Firm Crib Mattress provides the perfect blend of firmness and comfort for safe and peaceful slumber.
- It will fit snuggly into most standard size cribs and toddler bed frames, with no gaps around the edges.
- Being lightweight, the mattress is easy to move or lift when this is required.
- The cover has antibacterial properties, and it is easy to wipe clean. Being waterproof, the cover helps to keep the mattress dry and odor-free.
- Great value.
- Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Mattress comes with a 20-year warranty.
- When you first remove the packaging, you may notice that the mattress has a strong odor. This will quickly dissipate.
- An indentation may develop where the baby sleeps.
- The laminate cover isn’t breathable, so it’s recommended to cover it with cotton sheets.
Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Mattress Buyer Feedback
Looking at reviews of the Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Toddler Mattress, the vast majority of buyers are very happy with it. Many have stated that while comfortable, it is firm enough to keep their child safe. They also appreciate that with this mattress, their child is not inhaling toxic fumes.
The manufacturer has stated that the mattress will fit a standard crib; however, a small minority of customers said that it does not fit their baby’s crib as tightly as they’d like. Some buyers mentioned indentations forming in the mattress over time. A few also said that their baby gets sweaty after sleeping on the mattress for a few hours, but these people are in the minority.
So while the odd customer had negative feedback, most love the mattress and would recommend it to their friends.
Sealy Baby Firm Rest Mattress Summary
The Sealy Baby Firm Rest Mattress is an affordable and durable high-quality crib mattress that will enable your baby to sleep in a comfortable, safe and hygienic environment. Its antistatic surface resists wear, mildew, and stains, so you should be able to use it now and in the future, if you extend your family.
The mattress is a standard size, but safety is paramount. For this reason, you should measure your baby’s crib and check that the mattress will be a snug fit. Your baby’s safety could depend on it, as an ill-fitting mattress poses a safety risk.
While the mattress is easy to clean, placing cotton sheets on it will make for more restful sleep as the laminate could become sticky if the temperature is high.